here's a little play list i put together for today, some of the songs have meaning, others i just felt like listening to...
1. Flight Test - The Flaming Lips
2. I'm Amazed - My Morning Jacket
3. It's A Shame About Ray - The Lemonheads
4. Constructive Summer - The Hold Steady
5. Light & Day / Reach For The Sun - The Polyphonic Spree
6. Five Get Over Excited - The Housemartins [Reminds me of the year I spent in Hull, where this band was from]
7. Waiting For The Great Leap Forward - Billy Bragg
8. Steve's Hammer (For Pete) - Steve Earle
9. One Thing Real - Dan Bern [Story on Dan here]
10. You! Me! Dancing! - Los Campesinos!
11. Love Shack - The B-52's [Cosmic Thing came out shortly before I turned 16 and started driving, it's one of those tapes that I'd drive around listening to again and again]
12. Common People - Pulp
13. So What'cha Want - The Beastie Boys
14. U-Mass - The Pixies [When I was doing college radio one of my favorite combination of songs was the cold end on "So What'cha Want" and that great guitar into to "U-Mass", I usually ran a tight board so it worked well (at least in my opinion)]
15. Waiting Room - Fugazi [Another song I associate with college radio]
16. Indian Summer - Luna [I really do enjoy music released in this decade, I guess I'm just choosing not to listen to much of it today]
17. Section 26: We Crawl - The Polyphonic Spree
18. Don't Stop Believin' - Petra Haden [Just because when Petra does these a capella covers they are so entertaining]
19. Tables And Chairs - Andrew Bird ["There will be snacks..."]
20. It's The End Of The World As We Know It - R.E.M.
21. We're Going to Be Friends - The White Stripes
22. Without A Trace - Soul Asylum [Soul Asylum was the first rock concert I attended, Vic Chesnutt opened]
23. Stratford-On-Guy - Liz Phair
24. U2 - Negativland ["I know it's around here somewhere, but I still have found it..."]
25. Rainbow Connection - Willie Nelson
26. Von - Sigur Ros
27. King James Version - Billy Bragg [A very good song, but I especially love the first line, "He was trapped in a haircut he no longer believed in"]
28. Hoover Dam - Blue Sugar
29. Stay Positive - The Hold Steady
30. Thou Shalt Always Kill - Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip [This is a song I know I shouldn't enjoy, but I do]
31. Thursday - Morphine
32. Another Sunny Day - Belle & Sebastian
33. All In Good Time - Pierce Pettis
34. One More Circle - Peter Mayer
35. Thank You Friends - Big Star
Rock over London. Rock on Chicago. Weaties, breakfast of champions.
Donald Miller - Be Secretly Incredible . Interesting comments on Scot McKnight's post The New Mission Field: The Rural Church - I do...
God Makes Lemonade - love this concept! Seth Godin on Talker's Block - great post about working through writer's block; of cours...
The long-neglected round-up of interesting links is back again; hopefully I'll get back on track with a regular routine with this. Here ...